For many years, Lloyd V. Tuttle contributed historic photos and information to the Defiance Crescent-News for his column, "A Backward Glance."
This undated clipping gave some insight into the immigrant Kammeyer family.
"THIS LOG HOUSE stands on the old Kammeyer homestead. Henry Kammeyer with his wife and children, ranging in age from two to ten, migrated from Hanover, Germany, in 1863. The land where the log house stands was purchased in 1870 and the log house was built soon afterward.
The farm is in Tiffin tp., the northwest quarter of section 23. At the time of the purchase, the land was covered with virgin timber and the purchase price was a fraction over $16 per acre. The farm lies south of the Kammeyer road, six miles north of Defiance, thence west.
Henry Kammeyer died in the eighteen eighties but Grandmother Kammeyer continued living in the log house until her death in 1913. Her seven children (two born in the U.S.) grew to maturity, reared families, acquired farms in the area, and lived to ripe old ages."